I really cut it close to gettin' this nursery done! Thankfully the crib and changing table are in now, but I will have to wait to decorate. I got some heavy contractions last night and I go in today, so I thought I better post this before the baby comes.
So when I first started out on this adventure, I had to draw out a plan of what I wanted. Seriously this will help so much, to draw out what you want.
Next was the hard part! Trying to find tape that had a skinny width was next to impossible to find, so I used electrical. And yes the electrical tape worked fine, no seepage. Also getting straight lines we used a laser level, which was a life saver! A lot of my sewing items are still in storage, but to my surprise I found my french curve ruler that did the trick for measuring the arrows out. Any type of ruler will get the job done for this project.
I was SO nervous peeling the tape off, I didn't know if it was going to work or not. Remember to peel the tape off sooner than later while the paint is still fresh, because once that baby dries it will take the whole wall off with it! Next came the baseboards!
We used a nail gun with an air compressor to do the trick, it made it go a lot faster. I didn't want to cut the inside angles at a 40 degree, because i feel like there is always a gap and just doesn't look right. So I looked up how to cope baseboard angles. Honestly it was way easier than doing the 40 degree angle and it looks fantastic!! So I would definitely recommend coping all your baseboards!
Of coarse, it is a super grey and rainy day so the lighting is horrible!! Here is the end result, I'm hoping to put some decor up soon and than I will update the page for the final result!